PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 23 minutes
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided ¼ large onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
4 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
2 tablespoons Italian style breadcrumbs
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, plus more for topping
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon parsley, freshly chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
How to Make It
1. REMOVE the mushroom stems from the caps. Mince the stems and set aside.
2. SPOON out the insides of the mushroom caps to create more room for the stuffing. Set aside.
3.HEAT a pan on medium-high heat and allow to heat up.
4. ADD 1 tablespoon olive oil, minced mushrooms stems, and diced onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. ADD the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
6. ADD in the Italian sausage and cook until brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
7. MIX the sausage with the breadcrumbs, mozzarella, Parmesan, and parsley.
8. SEASON to taste with salt and pepper.
9. STUFF the mushrooms until full and top with more mozzarella cheese.
10. DRIZZLE the rest of the oil on the mushrooms.
11. PLACE the stuffed mushrooms into the air fryer.
12. COOK the mushrooms at 320°F for 12 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.